Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: ingo molnar patch on mandriva's kernel

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 01:40:30 EET

On 16 February 2006 at 10:28, Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I use mandriva 2006 and a self compiled rt kernel. Though
> currently I can't get the RT kernel to run well on my hardware
> (x86_64) so i'm stuck with the MM kernels. I can get quite
> decent latency though.

My MDV2006 machine is also x86_64. In my case Athlon dual-core,
4400+ I just reinstalled it two weeks ago, upgrading to the
December Club 2006 edition. I haven't moved any of my music
gear to it yet, wanting to prove the machine functional first.
I suspect that I'll run into the dual-core clock source timing
issue, where everything will work fine for a while, then at
random times the machine will spew xruns like mad. This machine
runs jack 0.100 and a 2.6.12 kernel. I don't think either of
those works around the dual-core bug yet. Although I've heard
that the jack folks are trying to get that to work.

It took a bit of work to make my Celeron system work nicely for
audio. It's running Mandrake 10.1. What advice can you give us
on setting up a 64-bit Makdriva machine?

Thanks....

--
Kevin