[linux-audio-user] ccrma kernel devel.rpm and kernel contents?

From: thewade <pdman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 18 2006 - 18:59:25 EET

Hello Fernando and all,

So I am running the 2.6.14-0.10.rrt.rhfc4.ccrma kernel!
And rpmdevtools are going to make building the livna.org tools like
ndiswrapper really easy, so that is good. But yum can't find
kernel-devel! Where is the ccrma kernel-devel rpm?

And where is the realtime kernel module?
Does the ccrma kernel not come with the lsm kernel module?
Modprobe realtime returns in error and in a quick search of
/lib/modules/2.6.14-0.10.rrt.rhfc4.ccrma I can't find realtime.ko

What does the ccrma kernel include? I see that PREEMPT comes up after
uname -ar so I guess ingo's spinlocking patches are included, right? I
guess I can just build the lsm module myself, perhaps as an rpm for
neetness...
Of course I would need kernel-devel for that too...

It is kewl though to get ccrma - the source of all good prepackaged
audio tools - and livna - the source of some code that contains some
non-gpl'd stuff (to use until linksys and ati release some opensource
drivers) - to play nice togeather though!

Thanks again!
-thewade