Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] Guitar amp

From: <res0u2uc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 19 2006 - 08:01:45 EET

On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 02:50:15AM -0600, Jan Depner wrote:
> Lee,
>
> I really like the Fender Blues Junior. It's only 15 watts but it's
> all tube. One 12" speaker, small, with a very nice sound. It does use
> EL84s so it's not exactly like the other Fenders (6L6s).

I'll put in another vote for Blues Junior, tho I'm not much of a
guitarist and it's my first amp. It is a tube amp, but has an IC chip
for the effects process for the "Fat" switch.

You can find sites where guys claim to be upgrading them with
"high-performance" vacuum tubes and a different model of
loudspeaker.

I nearly passed it by because I reacted badly to the name.

--
Joel Roth