[linux-audio-user] Extracting SysEx from Mid

From: Christoph Eckert <ce@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 19 2006 - 16:44:23 EET

Hi all,

I have loaded some MIDI files from the web which contain sysex data.

Instead of playing them through a sequencer I'd like to extract the
sysex data via a shell or even simple GUI program. Is there any that
can do this?

I have looked into the files with a hex editor, but it seems that the
sysex data isn't stored as plain sysex in the midi file, otherwise I'd
be able to write a small app myself to extract the data.

Any hints?

Best regards

ce