Re: [linux-audio-user] Drum beats library

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 20 2006 - 01:46:32 EET

I got a book quite awhile ago called Rhythm Programming. It came with
a floppy that had a bunch of MIDI files. It was inexpensive and
moderately useful.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1860744125/sr=8-1/qid=1140392518/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-3415406-3823059?%5Fencoding=UTF8

I also have a library called Drumtrax. These are human played drum
patterns done on a MIDI drum set and captured in a sequencer. The feel
is very real compared to anything you'll ever do (IMO) in Hydrogen and
it's very easy to cut and paste parts of the patterns where you need
them. It has been very useful over the years. Check it out here:

http://www.drumtrax.com/

Last time I checked their little MIDI librarian did work under Wine
but that was quite a long time ago.

Hope this helps,
Mark