[linux-audio-user] Re: Synthing drum sounds

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 20 2006 - 02:36:54 EET

On 2/20/06, Carlo Capocasa <capocasa@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to synth some good, hard drum sounds from scratch, maybe with
> Zyn. Something like really heavy kicks and these whip-like THWACK snares
> you hear when things get a little funkier.
>
> I'm pretty clueless. Can you help?
>
> Carlo

Yeah, i can. ;-)
Try http://smack.berlios.de/ All the drums are patches for om if you
look through them you can get a good idea about drum synthesis or you
can just use most of them as they are. You can also check out my
thesis about drum synthesis. http://smack.berlios.de/thesis.pdf Though
it mostly discusses physical synthesis and not analog style synthesis.

If you've got any questions or new drum patches etc give me a yell.

Loki