Re: [linux-audio-user] ingo molnar patch on mandriva's kernel

From: emanuele ..:: www.rumoridifondo.com ::.. <emanuele@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 19 2006 - 13:06:45 EET

i've done this simply test. this are some preliminary information

* CPU: Intel Celeron 1,7 Ghz
* RAM: 512 MB
* Desktop Environment: KDE 3.4
* Application opened: Konsole, KWrite, Qjackctl, Gnome-system-monitor
and Hexter
* Ram used: 189,6 MB (37,6%)
* Swap used (0%)
* Cpu used: from ~2% to ~10%
* Cpu used moving the mouse: from ~15% to ~23%

Now if i set Hexter with FatThinE.P patch and 32 note poliphony and i
play a 10 notes chords and i do an arpeggio, the cpu load speedly go up
to a load between ~70% and ~90%.
so hexter client exit from jack.

maybe i think my problem is due to the high resource that hexter
requires... don't you think?

bye
emanuele