Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] Guitar amp

From: Sean Edwards <cybersean3000@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 20 2006 - 20:01:54 EET

The thing about the V-Amp Pro is to not use it's
cabinet simulation when playing with an external
amp/cabinet combination. The Behringer manual tells
how to use the V-Amp Pro with/without amp or cabinet
simulation.

A few solutions: turn off cabinet simulation in the
V-Amp pro, use cabinet simulation with a "flat"
response setup (i.e. keyboard amp/speaker), or go
fully amp/cabinet free an run the balanced output
directly to the mixer.

If you use the cabinet simulation with something other
than cabinets designed fo a flat response (keyboard
amp/speaker. monitor speakers, pa speakers), results
will be undesirable.