Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Free Software vs. Open Source: Where do *you* stand?

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 20 2006 - 23:21:48 EET

On Mon February 20 2006 16:16, Lee Revell wrote:
> How can we expect people to abide by the GPL if we don't
> respect their licensing terms? Stealing proprietary software
> is exactly as immoral as proprietary vendors ripping off
> GPL'ed code.

Please don't use the word "steal" to refer to copyright
infringement. They're different crimes. (In the US, copyright
infringement is frequently the more severely punished one.)

That's almost as annoying as people who use the term
"intellectual property" as if you can build a house on it and
watch it accrue in value.

Rob