Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Free Software vs. Open Source: Where do *you* stand?

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 23:30:01 EET

On Tue February 21 2006 16:20, Peter Bessman wrote:
> Is it some sort of secret the syntrillian had a contract which
> you had to agree to in order for them to authorize your use of
> their software? That's the only way your position is
> defensible. What you did was contributory infringement,
> barring the applicability of the above (which, obviously, I
> doubt).

At any rate, not breach of contract, which was the whole point of
that paragraph. There certainly was copyright infringement
involved, whether by me or someone else, and nowadays the DMCA
would come into play as well on the legal front, but Fons'
argument was that using pirated software was immoral due to a
breach of contract. I disagree.

Rob