RE: [linux-audio-user] Re: Free Software vs. Open Source: Where do*you* stand?

From: pjfjacks <pjfjacks@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 06:53:14 EET

I have to agree 100% with Lee. If I an author / software creator / plumber
/ electrician / artist / you name it

Sure I can give my work away for free, volunteer my services at a local aid
agency, and so forth.

It would be at MY discretion to do so. If I expect to feed my family also
By performing those sort of tasks, then I have to charge or get a salary
from someone willing to pay for those services.

Phil J.

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 05:27 +0100, Cesare Marilungo wrote:
> In fact sharing mp3 files shouldn't be illegal. It is another example
> of artificial scarcity.

What does "scarcity" have to do with anything. No one else has any
right to my creations - they are mine. It is up to ME whether I want to
give it away or charge for it or refuse to show it to anyone.

Lee