Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Free Software vs. Open Source:Where do*you* stand?

From: Cesare Marilungo <cesare@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 07:40:38 EET

Ok, let's try to take the problem from another direction.

What do you think is the reason some talented coders and some
influential thinkers are putting a lot of efforts into writing and
maintaining open source software if it is not the belief that sharing
knowledge, solutions, tools and such is the way to go?

Why Paul Davis started writing Jack and Ardour instead of writing
another commercial DAW and then try to sell it to a publisher?

c.

--
www.cesaremarilungo.com