[linux-audio-user] Re: Re: Free Software vs. Open Source: Where do *you* stand?

From: olivier <lestercolza@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 13:12:08 EET

>It sounds like the system works:

>"A World Trade Organization agreement reached in 2003
>allows countries
>facing a public health emergency to issue "compulsory
>licenses" to
>manufacture generic versions of patented drugs."

>Lee

hmmm , I think that at the beginning ,
the brasil and others africans countries,
didn't ask for any permissions for doing this drugs,
and break the patents laws ...
this link is probably more explicit :

http://www.dowjonesnews.com/sample/samplestory.asp?StoryID=2005070501030035&Take=1

I think this is very complicated,
because of course it's not an easy way to make
research without any investment, and in that point the
patent is probably good for the dynamic of creation,
but in an other point ,
if you have the solution for keep alive somebody,
(or millions of people...)
and you don't do it ,
especially for a problem about money,
and if for this reason they die,
you could be assimilated as a criminal ...
it's not easy to say what is right and what is wrong,
that's the same in intellectual property,
and we'll probably need,
to adapt the intelectual property and patents laws to
the evolutions,
I would say that we have some responsability,
and we can't do only what we want,
even with what we create,
sorry for the noise ...