Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Bainstorming! Drawing in non-musician developers

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 14:23:56 EET

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 11:48, Carlo Capocasa was like:
> Kew-ew-ew-ewlllll...
>
> Frank, but you've got to admit computer hardware events can be mapped to
> other things than just MIDI notes, such as algorithms... yeh?
>
> What I'm saying is it would be nice to find attract a lot of passionate
> violin builders so passionate violinists don't have to learn so much
> woodwork. A little is fine, but...

Sorry, Carlo, but what you're suggesting is much more like learning scales or
composition than instrument building. You have just received replies from two
of the prime exponents of the art. What Frank can't do with Pd is possibly
not that musically relevant anyway. What Dave does with a screenful of orange
and blue text boxes is simply beyond words. These guys have already done much
of the work you are talking about, please do not underestimate it. You should
also check out Cesare Marilungo's 'zenmind' that was posted here recently.

It's still early days, to be sure, but I doubt very much that you will have to
code the whole thing from scratch. :)

--
cheers,
tim hall