Re: [linux-audio-user] ubuntu studio -rt

From: Dana Olson <dana@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 22:59:53 EET

On 2/22/06, Maarten de Boer <mdeboer@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > I compiled 2.6.15.2 with Molnar's patches and I got wireless. Maybe
> > you forgot to provide your current kernel config as the .config for
> > compiling the new kernel.
>
> With Ubuntu Breezy? I tried the same, but I get as far as the splash
> screen, which is black, and then boot freezes.
>
> Can you send me my your .config?
>
> maarten

Are you sure it isn't booting in the background? I don't get any video
until it boots, because there is no usplash support I guess. I will
add that at some point, when I am finished working on Dapper packages
for REVU.

Or perhaps it should be updated to use the -ck patchset, as it
probably has a lot more patches that would be useful.

Regarding Debian's PAM, no it is not rtprio-aware. Versions 0.80 and
up (current is 0.99.3 IIRC) do, however. As Carlo pointed out, you
could try my binary package, or roll your own. The manual recompile
steps work on Etch, also per Carlo.

Dana