Re: [linux-audio-user] recording guitar - level problems

From: Paul Coccoli <pcoccoli@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 17:41:39 EET

On 2/23/06, Guy <sayhi2guy@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I have tried Tele, Les paul & Strat types of guitar & gotten a great
> sound with each using Soundblaster Linux & LADSPA. If someone more able
> than I could devise a footswitch a PC ( or even a laptop) could make an
> awesome FX unit.
>
> Regards
> Guy

Done! Use the analog joystick port. Cut the cable of any old
joystick and figure out which wires maps to which pins. Connect the
button wires to ground with a switch in between. I actually wired
the buttons to a 1/4" TRS jack so I can plug in an old 2 switch amp
footswitch.

Then hack aseqjoy to send MIDI CCs or notes on button press events (a
simple change). Unfortunately I don't think you can map MIDI events
to the "Enable" buttons in jack-rack. Feature request...

Or send $10 to Kraft and get a "dance pad"
[http://www.kraftbrands.com/activegame/] and you've already got 10
footswitches, kind of. More aseqjoy hacking required. I got one of
these things and the joystick driver in RH9 handles it just fine.
Unfortunately, it's way too big to use effectively.