Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: info about demudi

From: Dana Olson <dana@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 20:02:15 EET

On 2/24/06, Carlo Capocasa <capocasa@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> > PPS: and no, DEMuDi isn't dead, there's a lot of activity going on on
> > the debian-multimedia mailing list (because DeMuDi is _not_ a different
> > thing than debian) and things are getting interesting...
>
> Heh, now THAT's good news. Actually I shouldn't be surprised since all
> the audio apps were already there when I switched to plain Debian
> Testing with only kernel and PAM custom.
>
> Carlo

That is great news, for sure!

>From the list of apps that I've collected, these don't appear to be in
debian yet:
-aeolus
-ceres
-ceres3
-dssi-vst
-freecycle
-gmorgan
-hexter
-jdelay
-kaconnect
-linuxsampler
-mx44
-om
-omins
-qamix
-qarecord
-qmidiarp
-qmidicontrol
-qmidiroute
-qsampler
-smack
-vcf-plugins
-xsynth-dssi

I realize that dssi-vst probably won't end up in debian at all because
of licensing, but weren't some of those in DeMuDi?

Out of curiousity, what apps do you use in place of them, especially
ones like linuxsampler or qmidiarp?

It's only a matter of time before debian ships with rlimits-aware PAM.

Dana