[linux-audio-user] RE: [linux-audio-dev] More about consolidation of the Linux audio online resources (was: linuxdj...)

From: ico <ico@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 25 2006 - 06:14:45 EET

>===== Original Message From Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <rzewnickie@email-addr-hidden> =====
>On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 09:43:01AM +0000, Daniel James wrote:
>> Hi Ico, hi Eric,
>> >That being said, in my department (Virginia Tech) I've got an ok to offer
>> >hosting for LA purposes which would mean direct physical access to the
>> >mainframe, virtually unlimited data storage (I am not sure how much we
>> >have right now but we should have probably close to 1TB and there is
>> >plenty of empty slots left on the mainframe for more disks to be added),
>> >and most importantly unlimited bandwidth
>>
>> That would be a great improvement, and would allow us to host or stream
>> a lot of music files or offer software downloads. I can easily set up
>> linuxaudio.org DNS to point to that.
>
>I notice Joern's mail concerning moving linuxdj content to
>linuxaudiodev.org and that somehow involving Paul ... I've been a little
>out of the loop lately. Can someone sketch in the current state of the
>various sites Ico is proposing to consolidate?

In a nutshell, the lad site is being moved to Paul's server but the domain
continues (at least for the time being) to be inaccessible. Another
consideration is the .com extension current linuxdj has which may be something
worth discussing, especially considering that most of the LA software is not
of corporate origin. As far as my proposition is concerned, you are the first
one expressing any interest in it...

Regarding moving Linuxaudio.org, I'd be more than happy to provide space for
such a move as well as any other Web-related Linuxaudio.org incentives,
including potential consolidation of project summaries into one Wiki
meta-resource, as suggested in my earlier e-mail.

Best wishes,

Ico