Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: rosegarden without KDE?

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 25 2006 - 23:47:56 EET

On Sat February 25 2006 16:35, fons adriaensen wrote:
> If you mean /me, I've already adopted a solution that works
> fine: I just don't install any KDE apps ;-)

Oops, sorry about the name confusion :)

> Concering Gnome, I remember having spent most of an evening
> trying to kill the file browser (Nautilus ?) permanently.
> Never found out how to do it.

I never have either, aside from "init 3".

> Actually I've nothing against
> file browsers, I just hate it when they put unwanted icons
> on my desktop. One more example of an app going beyond its
> competences.

I've been using icons on my desktop since about 1987, and that's
something I still require. And I want them to be integrated
with the file management program. Something like rox comes
pretty close; I can't remember what annoyed me enough to stop
using it the last time I tried it.

Different users, different needs.... sometimes even different
needs for the same user at different times (like me wanting to
kill everything possible to reduce xruns on my laptop with USB
audio dongle, the <1% of the time I'm recording audio.)

Rob