Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Free Software vs. Open Source: Where do *you* stand?

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Sun Feb 26 2006 - 03:22:49 EET

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 21:40 +0100, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:
> Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@email-addr-hidden>:
>
> > Now, around 7 years later I have around 99% off all
> > programs I need to do my Job as PMC (Private Military
> > Contractor) in France.
> >
> > And yes, good Audiotools are neccesary for mee too.
>
> May I ask what use a private military contractor has for
> audiotools?

Most of the defence contractor types working on the -rt kernel seem to
be doing simulation stuff. But I can think of a zillion other uses.
There are devices you can scatter around a position that talk to each
other and can detect intruders by sound and will tell you if the
perimeter is breached. I would expect active noise suppression to be
popular with defence contractors. Etc...

Lee