Re: [linux-audio-user] ubuntu studio -rt

From: Alberto Botti <alberto.botti@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 26 2006 - 14:01:53 EET

Il giorno sab, 25/02/2006 alle 19.32 -0500, Dana Olson ha scritto:
> I haven't looked at it myself, but I was told that -ck had Ingo's -rt
> patch in it. Is that wrong?
>
> If it doesn't, then I don't understand why Studio To Go! would be
> using the -ck patches instead of their own kernel with -rt patches...
> Seems dumb to me.

The -ck kernel doesn't contain Ingo's -rt patch, it's a slightly tweaked
kernel with a new scheduler and some interesting patches that improve
desktop behaviour (interactivity boosts, I/O priorities, power-saving,
really-niced backgound tasks...).
It's more conservative than the -rt kernel and it performs generally
better at audio tasks than mainline.

(there also is a server version around, but I haven't tried it)