Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: rosegarden without KDE?

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 26 2006 - 23:55:54 EET

On Sun February 26 2006 16:45, Alberto Botti wrote:
> > > simply set the "/apps/nautilus/preferences/show_desktop"
> > > gconf key to false...
> > Simply, hahahaha.
> > Where are these gconf keys documented?
> In gconf itself... gconf-editor shows:

OK, I have GNOME installed on my system and I don't have an
"gconf-editor", nor had I ever heard of it before.

So I have to agree with Lee... the Nautilus "don't show desktop
icons" thing is an essentially undocumented feature, as much so
if not more than any Windows registry setting that's not exposed
through an app's user interface, and using the word "simply"
isn't appropriate.

I hope this isn't the design philosophy for GNOME apps
nowadays.... "put minimal configurability into the app and let
the power users install the equivalent of regedit."

Rob