Re: [linux-audio-user] Midi questions

From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 18:31:49 EET

On Monday 27 February 2006 11:13, Josh Lawrence wrote:
>On 2/27/06, Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> The Audigy systems are said to be good too but I haven't tried one
>> yet. Both the Live and Audigy are well-supported by ALSA.
>
>Dave,
>
>I've been looking at the same thing, but I'm having trouble
>determining which of the Audigy series is supported by ALSA. The ALSA
>docs do not seem to be updated as frequently as one would hope. I've
>read on this list and others that certain Audigy cards work, and some
>do not.
>
>Can anyone on the list speak to this?

I'm currently running an audigy 2, bare bones and it all works
includeing the midi synth. By fiddling with the modprobe.conf entries,
and using a proggy called skype_hijack_dsp, all the regular audio comes
out of the audigy 2, and skype uses the motherboard audio as snd-card-1
etc. You will need the latest -rc2 alsalib though. I currently have
these alsa-isms installed on an old FC2 system, kernel 2.6.16-rc5:

alsa-utils-1.0.11rc2-1
alsa-lib-devel-1.0.3a-2
alsa-driver-1.0.11rc2-1
alsa-lib-1.0.11rc2-1

The alsa-lib-devel is leftovers. But rpm gets a tummy ache if I tell it
to remove it. Theoreticly its broken, but it works anyway. :)

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: