[linux-audio-user] Re: Digital Fidelity

From: Carlo Capocasa <capocasa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 28 2006 - 13:44:12 EET

> Have any of you audio folks encountered mutlipass erasure thing on your
> audio files yet?

What the??? I thought hard drives were reliable, at least more reliable
than CDs. Thanks for educating me here. Uh... So how would an engineer
know it's time to re-load the hard drive?

And if this is true, wouldn't a program loaded from that hard drive
crash and burn the entire IT department?

Or is this something that only happens when a drive is continuously
accessed over months?

Greedy for more information, thanks in advance!

Carlo