Re: [linux-audio-user] Interesting story for BCR2000 owners

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 02 2006 - 16:53:44 EET

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 22:53:20 -0800
Florin Andrei <florin@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 00:31 +0100, Carotinho wrote:
> > Alle 20:22, marted́ 28 febbraio 2006, Lee Revell ha scritto:
> > >
> > > Behringer might have been cutting some corners?!? I am shocked,
> > > SHOCKED.
> >
> > Let's forgive them, for poor musician's sake:)
>
> As much as I like Behringer prices, their quality is something totally
> undesirable.

I find that Behringer's quality varies greatly, as does their originality.
I have a BCF2000 controller which is just frelling brilliant. It works
really well, and is, as far as I can tell, a very original piece of
equipment.

I also have a Behringer T1953 mic preamp which I never use because it
gives me a much harsher sound than I like. I even prefer the preamps in
my Behringer mixer to it. The mixer's not bad, and has never given me
problems.

The last piece of B gear I'll mention that I have is a cable tester. This
is the piece of gear that shows what little regard they have for other
companies when designing gear.

Here's the B tester: http://www.behringer.com/CT100/index.cfm?lang=ENG
and here's a piece of gear calles a Swizz Army tester, which is the original
product: http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--EBTSWIZZCT

Other than the color of the case, these units appear identical, except
for the price. This cheesed the folks who made the Swizz Army unit off,
as you might expect.

Google for behringer and aphex or roland or mackie, and you'll find that
at least early on, the 2 big reasons they were able to sell their stuff
so cheaply was Chinese labor (and that hasn't changed), and having a
copying machine as the heart of their R&D department.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh@email-addr-hidden