Re: [linux-audio-user] debian unstable kernel - low latency? preemptive? realtime-lsm?

From: Piotr Pruszczak <p.pruszczak@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 02 2006 - 23:37:56 EET

Florian Schmidt napisaƂ(a):
> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:11:12 -0500
> Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com> wrote:
>

>>>Well, the realtime lsm is indeed a valid option, but it looks as if the
>>>debian realtime lsm source package is broken (or better the default
>>>debian kernel config doesn't work right with it).

sth like this.you have to compile realtime-lsm from source (ver 0.8.5 or
later..) before you try to compile realtime kernel..

>>>Or it's too friggin complicated for me ;)
not, its easy..after 5 times it will die - 6th should be ok ;)

>>You can install Ubuntu Dapper where this Just Works (finally!).

well, but ubuntu seems to be simply too much..ubuntu :)) - I do mean all
of thouse xxxxxx-ubuntu.deb's and the rest of problems with it..

> Thanks for the tip, but personally i just stick with my debian install
> and simply continue building my kernels from source :)

;)) right - however in my personal opinion gentoo seems to be more
attractive for workstation due to the development, new tools etc..
> This install is several years old. I got used to it :) No distro
> switching for me in the near future.

;)) ok, however - my point of view is... ;))
> Flo

regards,

--
Piotr