Re: [linux-audio-user] Smack ideas. What else do people want in a drum synth?

From: R Parker <rtp405@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 03 2006 - 03:33:29 EET

--- Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I am searching for ideas for what to add next to
> smack (
> smack.berlios.de ). Any ideas? I.e what drum sounds
> do you want
> synthed that smack doesn't do. Has anyone got ideas
> for other drum
> algos or patches etc? I've got to add something cool
> to the next
> release apart from just neatening it up... ;-)

Being completely ignorant about smack I don't know if
it sequences but if you do I'd encourage not doing it
by pattern interface. Use the percussion staff. It's
so much easier than pattern interfaces and if it did
realtime playback upon note input anyone could learn
to read the percussion staff in about 10 minutes. OK,
maybe five minutes.

And if smack doesn't do sequencing then how about
something rare like good documentation. I'd love to
study synthesis I just haven't had the time to do it.

Alwright, disreguard both of those ideas and get smack
and it's dependencies to compile on FC whatever. Never
mind, I'm being a dickhead. Seriously, smack looks
like good stuff. One of these days I'd like to try it.

ron