Re: [linux-audio-user] Smack ideas. What else do people want in a drum synth?

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 03 2006 - 12:02:54 EET

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 12:17:02PM +1100, Loki Davison wrote:
> I am searching for ideas for what to add next to smack (
> smack.berlios.de ). Any ideas? I.e what drum sounds do you want
> synthed that smack doesn't do.

- Natural sounding drumkit (pop, rock, jazz ... there are samples,
there's Hydrogen, but tweakable envelopes and tuning without sampling
artifacts would make this interesting.
- Gated kicks and snares (think phil collins)
- Orchestra: timpani, triangle, cymbals
- Hip-hop / Lofi
- Industrial
- Amsterdamned kicks and matching snares for techno hardcore / gabber
- FX like gunshot, whiplash, breaking glass, earthquake
- a complete samba section

(will send some of my own patches in the coming days.)

Cheers,
Thorsten Wilms