[linux-audio-user] Re: slightly OT: supercomputer music

From: Maluvia <terakuma@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 04 2006 - 17:00:19 EET

>does anyone know of instances of big computing power going into making
>music? Any recordings? Just one of those questions rolling around
>the head.

Don't they do this on the soundtracks for many big-budget film productions?
I remember a fascinating special feature about how they did the sound
effects on one of those animated films (I think it was 'Road to ElDorado')

I believe they use a number of clusters and what not - and I'll bet you
anything at least some of them are running Linux.

-M