Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: LinuxMAO.org, a french Linux Audio Wiki

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Sun Mar 05 2006 - 21:09:49 EET

On Sun, 2006-03-05 at 08:20 -0800, Maluvia wrote:
> Regional dialects are disappearing as people - especially the young -
> seek
> to emulate the speech, appearance, and behavior of their favorite
> TV/movie
> stars.

Bullshit. People in Philly still talk like they're from Philly. Always
have, always will.

> I'm afraid Hollywood and McDonald's *is* our culture.

Those are the only culture of the suburban sprawl monster that is
chewing up the real America and shitting it out. But that is NOT all of
America, or even the most important part. And, unlike the real America,
that part is doomed in the long run, as it's built on flawed 1950s
premises (that gas will be cheap forever and no one would ever want to
walk when they can drive).

Lee