[linux-audio-user] Horrible buzzing sound from speakers when PC switched off

From: baldobe <baldobe2000@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 20:07:57 EET

I have just put back my Audiophile 2496 SC into my DAW and when I shut down
the system I get a terrible bizzing sound comng from the speakers.

The AP2496 is connected to an A&H analogue mixing desk and the speakers are
Mackie 824s.

I am running various distros and it happend on all them. The buzzing goes
when I switch the pc on.

If I boot up into windows I get a sharp hissing sound which I sort out by
not picking the SPDIF I/O.

What is going on here???

I have checked in alsamixer and there is nothing there that would indicate
why I get this sound which only occurs when the machine is switched off.

Sent from the linux-audio-user forum at Nabble.com.