Re: [linux-audio-user] jackd and usb 1.1 audio on i386 non-functional

From: Lee A. Azzarello <lee@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 04:08:35 EET

----- Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 13:27 -0500, Lee A. Azzarello wrote:
> > Seriously? I have 2.6.12.2 and I have read reports of people
> solving
> > this problem with 2.6.11! How much newer is new? Doing kernel
> compile
> > foo is one of my least favorite things.
> >

> 2.6.16 is about to be released and 2.6.15 was the last release. So
> you're 3-4 versions behind.
>
> LOTS of bugs have been fixed in year or so since 2.6.12.

I compiled 2.6.15.5 from source at kernel.org. After some anticipation, I rebooted and my mouse didn't work. Oh well. Back to 2.6.12.2. I did discover some interesting use cases where the emi26 works. Some of them make no sense at all. In particular, stereo duplex at 44100hz starts, then produces hunderds of xruns, killing jackd after a few seconds. But get this, stereo duplex at 96000hz works fine with very low latency. Unfortunately few of the files I have recorded on disk or applications that talk to jack opperate at this rate. I'm taking this to the Debian maintainer and jackit-devel list. It's obviously a problem with that code and not my kernel/device.

-lee