Re: [linux-audio-user] New Stuff

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 21:48:51 EET

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 14:15:59 -0500
Paul Winkler <pw_lists@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 06:59:15PM +0000, Folderol wrote:
> > I've added two more pieces to my website - didn't know I would be able
> > to stuff so much on it!
> >
> > Slinky is very experimental both from the point of view of the effects
> > I've used, and from a more involved percussion track, which is
> > something I'm never really comfortable with.
>
> With that name I had to listen right away :-)

Ah yes, seeing your sig :)

> It's a really fun song. Nice keys.

Thanks. Music should never be too serious!

> One critique: The reverb sounds pretty grainy.

Yes. That's partly the reverb. It's an external synth, and I thought
about doiing overall reverb in software but that would muddy other
bits, as it mostly the percussion I wanted this on. Unfortunately my
mp3 encoder must also take some responsibility. It doesn't like lots of
top end :(

I've been saying for months now I'll get a decent sound card, and a lot
of my problems will then disappear. But it's priorities isn't it? Like
I also need to get a new CD writer. HDD is getting a bit long in the
tooth and full. Oh, and I really could do with a faster processor.

Unfortunately I can't afford a new 'pooter cos I've just splashed out on
a new car - which I *really* needed if I am to continue working!

> btw, the link doesn't work without the "www"... I found the page at
> http://www.folderol.ukfsn.org/

Oh, er, yes of course.