[linux-audio-user] Re: GNU Audio Community Conference Room

From: Mike Taht <mike.taht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 22:31:09 EET

Only kphone has jack support built in, and it doesn't upsample or
downsample, so you have to run your jack server at 8khz. Even then it
has trouble if your hardware can't do 8khz. It would be nice to have a
jack driver and jack codec for asterisk.

So far as I know the cvs version of gnomemeeting (now, akiga) has
iaxclient support.

I love the idea of a standard conference room server for linux-audio
users. Freeswitch's #freeswitch irc channel is integrated with their
audio conference room, and it's a gas. Useful would be a weekly
concall for developers of the various linux audio projects, or just a
place to hang out sharing helpful tips and information, even music....

Like everything in this world such a concall would only get more
useful as metcalfe's law kicks in. If anyone needs help on how to
setup an asterisk server or needs help getting voip (SIP or IAX)
working in general, feel free to drop me a line. At the moment I have
several asterisk servers operational, (a podcast -> iax/sip gateway
for thespaceshow is publicly available) but few have tons of bandwidth
available, so perhap's lee's server could become a std meeting
place....

--
Mike Taht
PostCards From the Bleeding Edge