Re: [linux-audio-user] USB interfaces (was Re: M-Audio Quattro, SoundBlaster Live Xruns, and interface questions)

From: Christoph Eckert <ce@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 22:05:10 EET

> Are there any interface options that have all of these attributes:
>
>    * Working!
>    * USB connected  (for my laptop)
>    * Four or more channels in simultaneously (at/around 24
> bits/48KHz)

at least I have a cheap Terratec Aureon USB which can deal with
16/48/5.1.

OTOTH, when calculating the USB bandwidth vs. the needed data amount at
5.1, an USB 1.1 bus is almost completely busy with audio.

There's USB 2, but the audio standard has not been expanded for USB 2
and that's why there are only a few USB 2 audio devices, and those you
get speak a proprietary protocol :( .

Best regards

ce