Re: [linux-audio-user] alsa with Delta1010: something missing?

From: Petter Sundlöf <petter.sundlof@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 09 2006 - 19:23:30 EET

Ruben Lopez wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 08:45:45 -0800, Kevin Cosgrove was like:
>
>>*When* you get both 1010s working on your Linux box, would you
>>please publish a recipe for doing so that a novice could follow? I
>>would buy a 2nd 1010 were it not for the fact that I can't find
>>such a recipe, and I don't want to spend that kind of money unless
>>I know it will work with reasonable effort.
>

> I haven't tried this yet, but it looks interesting:
>
> http://www.sound-man.co.uk/linuxaudio/ice1712multi.html

It works, at least for me and Doug McLain (he was the one who helped me
get it working, and wrote many patches for alsa). We both use 1010LT cards.

Currently if you use 1010LT, you need to use ALSA-CVS also. Use no
patches against ALSA CVS, but patches from that page for everything else.
You need to connect the S/PDIF out of the master card to the S/PDIF in
of the slave card. Use the most recent envy24control in CVS to make
things work correctly.