[linux-audio-user] Re: Marketing Free Music

From: Carlo Capocasa <capocasa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 10 2006 - 10:54:32 EET

> I read your whole post, but I think I forgot part of it already.. ;)

That's fine I did too when I was writing it :) But you've got a
subconscious mind the information will leap out from when you need it...

> Anyhow, I've been thinking a lot lately about removing the MP3s from
> my own website and leaving only the Oggs, but I think I'd rather have
> some great logos and information to promote it before - the timing
> would be right then.

YES YES YES! Do it!

> My suggestion would be to make any kinds of logos and things like that
> in SVG form, with a transparent background, as bands have different
> color schemes or button/banner schemes, etc. and it should really be
> fairly flexible. For example, if I have a black background, perhaps a
> white background for an "Ogg Rocks" logo would feel out of place, or
> whatnot. I say SVG because I like to have my images at certain sizes,
> and SVG is ideal for that. But these are just suggestions and I might
> not really know what I'm talking about.

Agree whole-heartedly. We can create nice PNGs for the web sites in an
automated way FROM the SVGs, but we can also post the SVGs on buildings
in five meter letters if we want to :)

> Either way, I'm really interested in supporting an initiative like
> this, even if my music isn't great and I have all of 3 fans. :)

Three fans???? Diva!

Carlo