Re: [linux-audio-user] Hardware samplers

From: Emiliano Grilli <emillo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 10 2006 - 12:29:03 EET

venerd́, 10 marzo 2006 alle 10:52:33, Ismael Valladolid Torres ha scritto:
> Anybody here is working with hardware samplers? How is it managed
> exchanging samples between sampler and computer? Is SCSI supported or
> is it needed using diskettes or zip drives?

I have a yamaha a4000, after a bit of struggle I got it working with
SMDItools (http://nolv.free.fr/SMDITools/) but then I changed my main
machine and dropped the scsi board :)

However, it worked fine.

> I'd like to get one of them second hand and I wonder which hardware
> sampler is more Linux-friendly, given that Linux doesn't seem very
> sampler-friendly. :)

I have only experience with that...
There was also a windows program that worked with wine, but was never
really able to communicate with the sampler (I didn't try very hard, and
it was a lot of time ago, maybe wine now has better MIDI support)

AKAI samplers might have better support though (and a more vast library)

> Cordially, Ismael

HTH
Ciao

--