[linux-audio-user] Re: No audio nor MIDI via USB (PlanetCCRMA/FC3/TASCAM US-122)

From: Arnold Krille <arnold.krille@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 10 2006 - 13:39:07 EET

2006/3/9, Oscar <oscar@email-addr-hidden>:
> I'm using a TASCAM US-122 Audio/MIDI-USB convertor.

Is the firmware loaded into the tascam? You can easily check this: If
the usb-LED on the tascam is on its loaded...

If not you have to execute usx2yloader. I realized that current
kernels/hotplug-systems don't seem to call the firmware-loader. At
least it is not loading the firmware...

Btw: I always have to record into ram-disk since saving to hd seems to
block the usb-irqs for to long (or otherwise round). But playback with
linuxsampler and jack-rack and some real freaky effects works just
nicely...

Arnold, owner of an us-122 too.

--
visit http://dillenburg.dyndns.org/~arnold/