Re: [linux-audio-user] Mac? Linux PC?

From: cdr <ix@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 11 2006 - 22:26:45 EET

> > And by "composers", of course, you mean "composers who are also
> > computer programmers". None of the people I know in real life
> > who compose music are going to be writing Csound, CM or

> Just chiming in to say I agree. No composer I ever met is
> interested in actually language-based programming to get sound. I

just chiming in to say my favorite composers are those who actually use computers to do what prior devices cant, rather than just using them as glorified/more-convenient tape-loops/tape-decks or mixers. Icarus, Autechre, Dirty Danger (programming fruityloops is programming too).

if theyre just using the computer to turn on and off Loops in LIVE and slather on McFX, or to get that pristine 32/192 sound which is so much more boring than a grimy old 4-track, forget it - give me some Sun Ra or something Rudy recorded in Hackensack...