Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: POLL: Marketing Free Music - Jamendo and censorship

From: dubphil <dubphil@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 12 2006 - 17:01:10 EET

> That is correct behavior in my mind. First, before I invite you to m
> home I hopefully know something about you. You are a friend or close
> acquaintance. I don't invite you unless I'm already sure you are
> someone I want to spend an evening with.

on the basis of which criteria ?

what is following is not directly for you Mark as I always find very
valuable all your participations to this list.

It is even dangerous to act by principles. I put in the same bag the
principles of free speech and the principles of censorship. To me both
can have the worst consequences. In fact you should be your own judge
and judge yourself before judging others.

On the other hand, there is something many people forget, is the
fabulous discover of Sigmund Freud called the "subconscious". He found
that the subconscious was acting as a censor. This censorship is quite
something vital for the human sanity (like murdering your father or
fucking your mother) we call this "Tabou" in French. Something that have
announced the end of many civilization was the breaking of the "Tabous".
In my mind, free speech looks like an open door to the breaking of
tabous.

But no worry, I already think that our USA-like civilization is over...

Regards

Philippe