[linux-audio-user] gnaural - experience and thoughts?

From: Dana Olson <dana@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 12 2006 - 21:17:08 EET

Hey, I hope this app falls under the proper-for-lau header.

http://gnaural.sf.net/ is the site, and binaural beats is the name of
the game.

Have any of you experts here got an opinion on these kinds of apps?

I was thinking it could all be a placebo effect, as I'm skeptical of
things like this, but it seems to maybe be more scientific than that.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has tried these kinds of things or
studied the effects. Perhaps turning down the pink noise and putting in
some music would be nice to experiment with as well.

I tried the app last night, and a couple minutes into it, I got
extremely dizzy all of a sudden, but it only lasted for about 2 seconds.
Then later on, I changed the pattern and made it dip low. When I did
that, and it came around to playing that part, my head started to wobble
a mental thing - it very well could have been. But I'd like to think
that if this isn't a universally true effect, then I have a stronger
will than to be affected by something like this, entirely in my mind.

So. Yeah.

Dana