Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: POLL: Marketing Free Music

From: Jan Depner <eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 12 2006 - 23:11:59 EET

On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 15:59 -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 12:42 -0600, Jan Depner wrote:
> > Smoking, on the other hand, produces carcinogenic compounds that
> > others
> > would be forced to breathe.
> >

> So does car exhaust but no one seems to care about that. The hospital
> down the street has "Clean Air Zone" signs all over it stating that it's
> verboten to smoke anywhere on the premises. But people can and do sit
> with their engine idling 10 feet from the door to the ER for hours.
>
> (sorry this is one of my pet peeves - I am not pro-secondhand smoke but
> anti-hypocrisy)

    I'm not a hypocrite. I *have* to drive so I can go to work. I'd
say a good 85% of people have to drive if they work outside the home.
No one has to smoke, period. Trust me, I know. I used to smoke two
packs a day (27 years ago). Now, if we could just get some clean fuels
we could clear up the exhaust problem but that'll take a while I think.

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
The Fuzzy Dice