Re: [linux-audio-user] Mac? Linux PC?

From: Brad Fuller <brad@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 12 2006 - 23:45:48 EET

Rob wrote:
> On Sun March 12 2006 11:48, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
>
>> Most of the composers I know just use pencil and paper.
>> Usually it is staff paper.
>>

> Believe it or not, I've only ever known one of those, and he
> still did most of his work via MIDI. (I notated on staff paper
> myself a lot in high school, too, but that was before the Amiga
> came out....)

but, if you are trained on that, as most of us are, that's what you do.
Even now writing on paper for me is superior to any other composing
software. There is no contest.
The problem is getting that composition to the computer which has
superior capabilities after you compose (or even jot down ideas.)

brad

--
See Us At GDC 2006
<http://www.cmpevents.com/GD06/a.asp?option=C&V=11&SessID=1954>