Re: [linux-audio-user] [OT] Audio recording from ancient Pompeii?

From: <qb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 14 2006 - 12:36:18 EET

Sorry, replying to myself...

After a bit of Googling, apparently the French clip was a 2005 April Fool's
joke. However, someone published a paper in 1969 about the possibility of
recovering sound from ancient pottery and some other researchers did manage to
uncover some sounds. The idea has been used in episodes of CSI and the X-Files
apparently.

qb

Quoting qb@email-addr-hidden: