Re: [linux-audio-user] mac mini

From: Sunnan <sunnan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 16 2006 - 07:33:05 EET

(I just discovered that the subject line is a bit inappropriate, since I
don't have a mac mini; just an iMic on ppc (iBook, in this case).)

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 20:11 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> when you get it working with another program, make sure you are playing
> a long file and then while that is happening cat the contents of
>
> /proc/asound/ID/pcm0p/sub0/hwparams
> /proc/asound/ID/pcm0p/sub0/swparams
> /proc/asound/ID/pcm0p/sub0/status
> /proc/asound/ID/pcm0p/sub0/info
>
> post the results here. this will reveal whatever configuration details
> are working for those other programs, but are not working via jackd.

This is hw_params
access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED
format: S16_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 44100 (44100/1)
period_size: 256
buffer_size: 16384
tick_time: 1000

16_LE??!??!? Isn't this a big-endian machine?

This is sw_params:
tstamp_mode: NONE
period_step: 1
sleep_min: 0
avail_min: 256
xfer_align: 256
start_threshold: 1
stop_threshold: 16384
silence_threshold: 0
silence_size: 0
boundary: 1073741824

This is info:
card: 1
device: 0
subdevice: 0
stream: PLAYBACK
id: USB Audio
name: USB Audio
subname: subdevice #0
class: 0
subclass: 0
subdevices_count: 1
subdevices_avail: 0

This is status:
state: RUNNING
trigger_time: 1142486595.602373000
tstamp : 1142486650.617726000
delay : 16155
avail : 229
avail_max : 763
-----
hw_ptr : 2426117
appl_ptr : 2442272

I played Muine (gstreamer-based) through esd -d plughw:1

Thanks,
Sunnan