Re: [linux-audio-user] Theatrical sound effects cue player?

From: Spencer Russell <slothlove@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 16 2006 - 23:27:06 EET

Hi Steve,
I just finished runs of 2 theatre productions that I ran off my laptop
controlled only from my BCF2000. I'm not sure how much time you want
to spend on it, but I used PureData to construct the interface. It
took me about a full evening to get it together, but I already knew
PD. It didn't have any automation as far as a cue list, but it did
offer a way to play and loop samples and control their volume. Because
 PD tends to have audio dropouts when it's loading samples (AFAIK), I
had to load all the samples into RAM before the show, which can be
problematic if you have lots of long samples. It's still very much a
work in progress, but It worked great for 2 shows so far. When I get
back to my computer with the patch on it I can share it if you're
interested.

-spencer