Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Aligning audiofiles for different recorders.

From: R Parker <rtp405@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 17 2006 - 20:19:15 EET

--- Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <rzewnickie@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 12:15:21PM -0500, Dan Easley
> wrote:
> > On 3/7/06, Arnold Krille <arnold.krille@email-addr-hidden>
> wrote:
> > if putting it together in an editor later, i'd
> prefer people on
> > separate channels, to cover my butt relative
> dynamics wise. that
> > said, i usually (in tv interviews) put the
> lavalier mics through a
> > mixer into one channel of the recorder (a
> camcorder, in this case),
> > and the camera's mic (an omni) into the other
> channel, as a lousy
>
> What brands/models of camcorders have you had good
> experiences with? Any
> you avoid like the plague?

I haven't got much experience with cam coders. I own a
couple Canon XL1 cameras which are pretty cheap. They
use tiny screws that set into plastic in the lense
mounts. One drop and the lense is shot. Definitely a
cheap product with piss poor engineering. The newer
lenses I've been told have been improved. The XL1 is
suitable for producing good looking digital video
product and it's a good camera for anyone that takes
care of their gear.

The cameras we run at the television studio are in an
entirely different league of expense and quality.

ron