Re: [linux-audio-user] "Multimedia Ubuntu"

From: Stephen Hassard <steve@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 17 2006 - 20:59:00 EET

Dana Olson wrote:
> Yes, I agree. And we should get rid of Kubuntu as well. And Xubuntu.
> That's just silly.

It may be a bit strange, but all of the kubuntu packages are accessible
in the regular ubuntu repositories.

try a 'apt-get install kubuntu' on your ubuntu box.

The specialized distros are for people who want to install their
favourite flavour without having to worry about all the base-install
junk that they don't want to use (gnome in the case of kubuntu) ...

later,
Steve