[linux-audio-user] transcribing software?

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 18 2006 - 17:07:45 EET

Hello all,

I'm in the process of trying to transcribe some solos off of a
Yellowjackets album. It's an up-tempo blues number, and some (well,
most) of the notes are going by way too fast. I would like to find
some software to slow the tune down so I can hear the lines a little
better.

I did some googling last night, and I found this:

http://www.seventhstring.com/xscribe/overview.html

But it is a commercial solution, written primarily for Windows, with
Linux seeming like an afterthought. Searching google groups didn't
come up with anything, either. Can someone recommend something native
to Linux that can do time-stretching for transcribing purposes?

Thank you,

Josh

--
Josh Lawrence